|RedCam CentralSite Admin
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
|Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 pm Post subject: RED's official NAB 2011 announcements
This was posted online by RED's Jim Jannard:
"Official NAB 2011 announcements:
1. The situation in Japan has affected us, along with the rest of the industry. We are like ants looking for an alternate route to the sugar. It is affecting EPIC-X and Scarlet 8X the most. We can't give specific dates because we are in line for parts from alternate suppliers along with everyone else. We do know that we are sitting here with a ton of inventory of parts and pieces ready to roll and the latest it could possibly be to get EPIC-X in production is June. We are trying for sooner. Even if we begin production in June, we think we can clear all orders by end of summer. We have purchased, at great expense, parts to make EPIC-Ms... and are ramping up production again on this model.
2. We announced the RED Dragon. It is of the Monstro family and is scheduled to be released in 2012. The significance of this sensor is that it is an upgrade to the current EPIC-X and EPIC-M and not a new brain. Obsolescence obsolete is alive.
3. We have shown the iPad "Mission Control" application.
4. We are working on a home 4K laser projector.
5. There is a new REDCINE-X to be released this week with Rocket support for EPIC and a ton of new features. N/C as always.
6. REDray Professional is scheduled to ship in June. Price to be announced prior to shipping. Well under $10K. REDray consumer in 2012 under $1000.
The uncertainty of supply chain weighs heavily on us. As paralyzed as we feel, we acknowledge that there are many others in Japan that continue to suffer unthinkable pain and consequences. The news is now diverting away from Japan, but the significance of the situation does not track with the news. It continues to be unimaginable.
Thanks to all of our customers for your support and patience. What we are attempting to do is unprecedented in any industry. We are swinging for the fences. Apparently, we are beginning to inspire others to step up their game. We like that. But we still are continuing to stretch towards the impossible for our customers and supporters."
RedCam Central Founder
EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available