|RedCam CentralSite Admin
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
|Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm Post subject: RED gives reasons for delays
As posted by RED's Jim Jannard:
"Why is RED so late releasing EPIC and Scarlet?
1. We had no idea what we were doing.
2. This is as difficult a trick as anyone could possibly pull off. 5K/120fps on a postage stamp has never been done before by anyone, let alone by a new company that has no idea what they were doing and no library of information.
3. Engineers are optimistic. They think they can do stuff faster than is reasonable. And they tell us dates that they can't make.
4. Stuff changes. We have added capabilities along the way the complicated the process. This is a disruption to the program and adds time to process.
5. Nothing works like it is supposed to. The amount of boards and lines of code needed for this project are not comprehensible. Everything needs to be done several times to get it right.
No one is as frustrated as me over the delays. But it is what it is. The process just simply takes more time than anyone would expect.
There are several million lines of code in an EPIC and Scarlet. No excuses... just fact. Everyone is working 24/7 with catnaps. We love the program and the opportunities. But we are guessing at when we will finish.
No company loves what they are doing more than RED. No company works harder. But forgive us if we don't meet deadlines. This is really hard stuff."
RedCam Central Founder
EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available