|RedCam CentralSite Admin
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
|Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:05 am Post subject: R3D Data Manager for Mac version 6.1 released
R3D Data Manager for Mac version 6.1 is released!
Updates since v5.4:
* Support for single source read to multi-destinations We completely re-wrote the copy process from top to bottom. The program now does a copy pass first, so that at least a copy of your data is stored should something happen to the original. In addition, its not possible for our program to write anything to the source at any time. We also re-wrote the code to only read once from the source and write to multiple destinations in one pass. This is a significant time savings.
* Unified processing code for Mac and Windows We also now unified our code between the Mac and Windows releases for the copy process. Though each version will have slight differences, the heavy lifting is done by the same code on all platforms.
* Expanded code for new Epic released details We have supported the announced Epic details for some time, but this version now aligns our software with newer Epic updates.
* Updated Quicktime Render for RedRocket support We now support RedRocket rendering. To enable you must have a RedRocket and the beta version of REDline installed.
* Updated Quicktime Render for new color science We now support the new color science. To enable, you must have the beta REDline installed.
* Added support for new gamma and color spaces These options only appear if the beta REDline is installed.
* Added checking to ensure output codec is supported
* Changed user interface so the buttons and icon display overall status for all copies We changed this because the previous way may have been misleading to some users.
* View Results button now shows all results for all copied folders, not just the one selected This aligns ourselves with the user interface goals.
* Retry All Errors now retries all errors for all sources This allows for a single click to retry all errors
* Fixed a bug that caused extremely slow copies in Mac OS 10.5 This bug only affected certain processors, even though the same code worked in Windows and 10.6
* Now shows in the activity log if writing to a destination was skipped by user preference
* Fixed a display bug in R3D File Recovery
* Fixed a bug with verify checksums button not finding original checksums
* Removed alternate checksum folder option, no longer needed It is not possible to write to the source, so this option is no longer needed.
* Fixed an error when sources would be read even if the copy is to be skipped to all destinations
This version requires a new registration code. The registration code for 6.x can only be obtained if you have a lifetime upgrades packages or purchase an upgrade for USD$16.99. You can check on your current license level by visiting our website order form.
If you are upgrading from version 5.1 or earlier: Due to an error in a 3rd party installer, you must install this upgrade manually.
RedCam Central Founder
EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available