RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED DSMC General Discussion » First Mysterium-X Sensor in RED ONE (stills)
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 First Mysterium-X Sensor in RED ONE (stills)
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: First Mysterium-X Sensor in RED ONE (stills) Reply with quote

The first test images have been released of a RED ONE with the new Mysterium-X Sensor installed.

The image below was taken at 1920x4480 24fps 1/250s ISO 640

(The Camera was angled 90 degrees for portrait mode and no noise reduction was done in the resulting image.)

RED's Jarred Land had this to say:

"This sensor upgrade was done to one of my first RED ONE's that is now a day away from being exactly 2 years old.... all the great camera builds that have come and gone have always given me a new camera feeling, but this sure takes the cake.

From a hardware standpoint we are getting there.. as you can see everything is inside the camera and the bits are all behaving as they should.

We still are going through the usual Graeme magic to tune up the Compression while Jim goes through to tweak the color and I go through to try and break it all. We are much faster with that now from experience, but it still takes time."

Yeah Snowflake has her part in this too.. as fun as it is to shoot a cute little dog (ok maybe this frame isn't that cute) shooting a snow-white dog on a black background with a medium-hard light can be murder to cameras (and lenses).. little white hairs and all.

And yes the 4.5k is there with the R1 sensor upgrade.... this shot was shot in 4.5k..

Just so you guys can write it down.. another new ratio/pixel format for you to memorize: 4.5k = 4480x1920."

The Mysterium-X Sensor will be available as as upgrade for RED ONE owners and will be an option for newly purchased Cameras.

Jim Jannard also added:

"We know that a few other companies are going to announce/release some new models. Trust me when I tell you they are still behind."

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: