RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Digital Cinema General Discussion » REDucation Class (SN# 001)
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 REDucation Class (SN# 001)
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: REDucation Class (SN# 001) Reply with quote

It has been a whirlwind of a week - so much has happened, so I will make an attempt at summarizing it even though my mind is still a bit numb from the info overload. Smile

A few weeks back, I was offered the opportunity to be hired as a Teacher's Assistant at the upcoming REDucation training seminar. This is RED's official week-long education program offered to people interested in learning the RED ONE Camera and Post Workflow inside and out. As advertised, it is "RED approved, hands on, fully immersive education and training."

http://reducation.net/

This ongoing program consists of two separate courses:

RED Tech: A three day, fully hands-on training designed for learning on-set practices with RED.

RED Post: Three days of in-depth post training with RED Technology.

In between the two courses is an extra day.

Community Day: RED Tech and RED Post bookend RED Community Day, an event for everything and everyone RED. 35 Vendors, 10 thirty-minute presentations, lunch, and an opportunity to network with hundreds of RED users.

The first REDucation was held at L.A. Center Studios in downtown Los Angeles, and had people fly in from many states as well as many regions throughout the world, including Australia, Canada, England, Hong Kong, Italy, Singapore, Germany, Taiwan, France, Qatar, Dubai...

The classes were taught by Ted Schilowitz of RED and Michael Cioni of LightIron Digital, with the help of the Teacher's Assistants (Steve Freebairn, Mauricio Gutierrez, Von Thomas, and myself). The event was organized through HD Expo / Creatasphere headed by Jeff Seckendorf.

Also on hand were representatives and guest speakers from companies such as Avid, Adobe, DVS, IGI, FilmLight, Digital Vision, as well as Director of Photography, Peter Holland, and several RED employees.

Much of the gear necessary was loaned or given at great discounts. Here are some of the companies that helped make REDucation a big success. Thanks again!

IGI, AJA, Angenieux, Fischer, O'Conner, Birns and Sawyer, LaCie, G-Tech, Element Technica, Redrock Micro, Apple, DVS, Digital Vision, Keslow Camera, Alternative Rentals, and L.A. Center Studios.

In the following posts, I will try best best to summarize the past week or so in hopes of giving people who are interested in this outstanding program an idea of what they are in store for, should they decide to take the plunge!

More soon...

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, if you attended REDucation and have some good pics - feel free to upload them here! Here are some of mine...

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.

IMDB Credits

Last edited by RedCam Central on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
chrislayhe
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely going to the next one of these that they offer! It sounds like a great opportunity.

-Chris
www.redroadshoot.com
www.hdproductionsanfrancisco.com
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Chris. (By the way, welcome!)

REDucation is completely worth it. A ton of hands-on learning and great people involved all around.

Here are some more pics from the first REDucation this past July...

IMDB Credits
chrislayhe
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: October Reducation Reply with quote

Well I can't make it next week, but my camera assistant, Charley, is attending the RED Tech portion, so i will have to pick at his brain when he returns!
Thanks for the welcome!

Chris Layhe Associates, Inc
www.clai.tv
www.redfilm.us
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: