RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » Third Party RED Products » Evo 4K Expando 16 Bay RAID by Maxx Digital
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Evo 4K Expando 16 Bay RAID by Maxx Digital
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Evo 4K Expando 16 Bay RAID by Maxx Digital Reply with quote

Maxx Digital is now offering it's new Evo 4K Expando 16 Bay modular external RAID system. According to information recently posted online by Peter Matjan:

"MAXX DIGITAL has worked closely with Jarred Land (RED) and I to bring You this amazing offer...

Over the last 6 months I have helped MAXX DIGITAL to design and develop the new generation of high-performance storage with RED users in mind. Why? I am one myself... We have shown the early prototypes at the REDUSER party in Vegas and the product is ready to ship...

The main idea behind this complex design is MODULARITY. "Where did I hear that before" You say? Yes - I was indeed inspired by Jim and his team. So huge credit goes to RED as well...

I got tired of having to "upgrade" to new storage technologies by throwing out the old ones...

Enter MAXX-EVO-4K...

The standard unit comes as Expander JBOD with hardware PCIe RAID card and dual mini-SAS connection to provide DAS-RIPC (Directly Attached Storage - RAID in PC) for BOTH Apple's Mac Pro and Windows & Linux PC's...

Say You are ready to move to Fibre-SAN? No need to panic. The main controller in the chassis is designed to be modular and can be replaced with other current and future technologies. As of now we offer besides of the DAS-RIPC three additional interface options (with a different pricing):

A. ROCH (RAID On CHassis) with Fibre-Channel connection to host
B. ROCH (RAID On CHassis) with iSCSI (GbE) connection to host
C. ROCH (RAID On CHassis) with PCIe 8x connection to host

Here is more good news...:

PERFORMANCE:

- Under HW RAID-5 the unit sustains 900+ MB/s reads and 800+ MB/s writes...!!!

- This is more then enough to play uncompressed 4K (16:9 or wider)... ...or several streams of R3D footage with the RED ROCKET...

- Even when 75% full the unit will sustain speeds above 700 MB/s...!!!

- Full RAID-5 re-build (following a drive failure) is completed under 3 hrs...!!!

What more, ALL four models are EXPANDABLE! That means You won't need a additional PCIe card (and of course additional slot on the motherboard) to connect more storage when You fill up the first one (and with the 5K, 6K, 9K and 28K models this is going to happen sooner then You think. Much sooner then that...). Simply connect additional JBOD or ROCH chassis to the MASTER (Your first) chassis via single mini-SAS cable. Connect power and that is it... With JBOD You are limited to 128 HDD's - that means as off now 128TB and once the new generation 2TB enterprise drives hit the market (August) - 256TB!!! With the ROCH chassis You can go way beyond this number (so there is hope for 28K post after all... ;o)

More good news:

The price of the unit includes EVERYTHING that You need to get started:

- High-performance RAID card with support for RAID level 0, 1, 10(1E), 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, or JBOD...

- 16x enterprise server-grade HDD's with either 500, 750 or 1000 GB (1TB) capacities...

- The drives are pre-raided and formated according to Your specification ready to go...

- An additional identical spare HDD of the same capacity mounted in a carrier ready to replace any failed drive...

- All cables (2x mini-SAS, 2x power and console serial cable)

- Rack-mounting kit for standard 19" industrial racks...

This gives a whole new meaning to "PLUG & PLAY" terminology...

The good news is not stopping yet...:

What about Your PEACE OF MIND You ask?

- Each unit comes with standard 3-year warranty for the chasis and electronics (including the RAID card and cables) and 5-year warranty for the HDD's...

- Native SAS environment offers a high level of data integrity and availability for both SATA and SAS (optional) drives...

- Dual hot swappable / redundant power supply modules

- Remote management via GUI and E-mail notification

- Audio alert for HDD, Fan, Over-temperature, and Power Supply Failure

- HDD Failure/Locate/Identify LED Indicator on each drive bay

- The individual HDD carriers have re-designed lockable release-buttons to prevent accidental removal of a HDD from an active RAID volume...

- Temperature sensing / notification

MAXX digital is famous for their customer support - I know, I have been their customer for 7 years now... Just tell me how many companies post their CEO's personal mobile phone number on their website? You can reach someone from MAXX 24/7, all 365 days of the year...

MAXX also provides (for an additional cost) optional 1-year on-site support & service with advance replacement of the failed components. Different response options are available and MAXX has support teams on both West & East coasts...

MAXX offers workflow consultations, on-site installation/training and can provide complete pro audio/video solutions integrated with third-party HW & SW. You can find more info by following their blue advert in the top right corner on both RED forums, or just click on the image of the promotion on the top of this post. MAXX has been sponsoring both RED forums for the past few months...

You ask - "What is the bad news"?

The only bad news I can think off is the fact that the 8-bay desktop tower version "cousin" (The MAXX-EVO-2K) is delayed till end of July. We were hoping to release them at the same time...

But here is the BEST NEWS:

The PRICE:

After speaking with Jim & Jarred, MAXX is able to offer these units to ALL members of both RED forums at an aggressive $ 7650,- USD for the 16TB model which includes all I have mentioned above. That is less then 50c / GB for enterprise-level rack-mounted storage solution!!!

But that is not enough... Do You remember Jim always posting the (now famous) phrase "It pays to be a RED ONE owner..."? Well it sure does!!!

EVERY RED ONE owner itsentitle to additional 10% discount which brings this 16TB unit to an unbelievable $ 6800,- USD. That is less then 43c / GB...!!!

All You need to do is to take a picture with Your RED ONE and e-mail it to MAXX with Your serial number. If needed, we will verify the ownership of the camera. This is to prevent the abuse of this promo, as the RED ONE owner's price is extremely close to manufacturing cost...

We have also decided to reward those who have rented (or are planing to rent) RED ONE camera. Just e-mail MAXX the rental company's name & contact and the actual rental dates and You will be entitled to the same cost as the RED ONE owners...

For all other members just e-mail the link to Your profile (here on the forum) to MAXX, or just mention it to any member of the MAXX sales team over the phone...

The e-mail address is:

redsales(at)maxxdigital(dot)com

Tel.: 714-374-4944

THIS PROMOTION IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR UNTIL JUNE 2010...

Ron Amborn (You may remember him from the "PETER AND THE PRIMES" thread - he has that plastic gun in his hand...) and few other members of his team are here with us to help answer any questions (and suggestions for future products) You might have. Your feedback is much appreciated...

http://maxxdigital.com/shop/index.php?cPath=137

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: