|RedCam CentralSite Admin
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
|Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:36 pm Post subject: RED Pro Primes FAQ
Jim Jannard released this FAQ list online for the forthcoming RED Pro Prime set:
1. RPPs are "RED-centric", which means that the light path is optimized for maximum resolution and consistent illumination, with minimum breathing for the Mysterium sensor family. Patent Pending.
2. T-stop range is 1.8-22.
3. Image diagonal- > 32mm.
4. Extra low dispersion (ELD), Super Low Dispersion (SLD) and anomalous dispersion glass for maximum chromatic aberration correction.
5. Center resolution is greater than 100 (lines/mm). Edge (5K) is greater than 63 (lines/mm). (You will see Wed. how much greater)
6. Close focus from lens front (from sensor) is:
25mm- 4" (12")
35mm- 4" (12")
50mm- 6" (12")
85mm- 18" (24")
100mm- 24" (30")
7. High relative illumination from center to edge of field (5K).
8. Uniform Spectral correction to accommodate any light source.
9. Internal Focus and Unit Focus designs.
10. Consistent 110mm front diameter.
11. RPPs will work with film cameras.
12. 50mm, 85mm and 100mm weigh about 2.1kg
25mm and 35mm weigh about 2.8kg (Similar to a Cooke S4)
13. Something less than $20K for the set of 5.
"Full Specification Matrix to be posted on Wed."
RedCam Central Founder
EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available