RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Lenses and Mounts » Audio and /i Pins Upgrade Program
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Audio and /i Pins Upgrade Program
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Audio and /i Pins Upgrade Program Reply with quote

Two more announcements from RED today.

They are getting ready to start the /i pin upgrade which will enable the camera to accept meta data from i/ technology enabled lenses. This has been a long time coming and since the Cameras will need to be sent back to RED for this procedure, they are also taking the opportunity to swap out the each Camera's Audio board for an upgraded model.

Here is what Jarred Land had to say about the Program:

"We are preparing for the upgrade for the i/pin upgrade program, and this will unfortunately require sending the camera back to RED for installation.

The good news is.. we have taking this opportunity to also redesign the Audio board in parallel, resulting in audio performance that is vastly, vastly, superior. We have decided to swap all existing camera audio boards at no cost during the /i pin installation ( which is also no charge to you. )

This process will start during the last week of September, in order of serial number, and we are targeting a 48 hour turnaround, and for in-person drop-ins we anticipate a 3 hour turnaround. We will give you as much notice as possible when your number comes up.

I hope everyone is happy with these changes.. the audio performance in the production samples we have received are off the charts, and of course the /i pins are something alot of you guys have been waiting for for some time.

Both upgrades are no charge to you guys.. we are even paying for the shipping

It might be a good time when you send your camera in to get our normal (paid) overhaul/checkup as well though then, since many of you guys at that time are going to be near the end of your 1 year warranty and it would be good to find out if anything is wrong before the warranty expires."

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: