RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » Feature Suggestions » Crazy Dual EVF Idea?!?
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Crazy Dual EVF Idea?!?
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Crazy Dual EVF Idea?!? Reply with quote

With the modular design of the RED ONE Camera body, I started thinking about different unorthodox ways of rigging the accessories, and then it occurred to me that since the EVF is not a part of the camera body and is free to move around, what about the idea of... wait for it.... two EVFs??? There are, after all, two output connectors available on the body (meant to allow the use of the EVF and LCD at the same time).

Yes, two View Finders would certainly be expensive, not to mention odd looking, but could there be practical applications if the operator could position one EVF for each eye?

At first I kinda thought it was silly, and then, the more I thought about it, more ideas came to mind of how it could be of value in certain situations.

Perhaps the second EVF could be setup as a "Slave", so that all of the menus were still controlled from the "Master" EVF and it was only used as an additional display. So the Master EVF on the right could be a normal image, and allow for menu controls, while the left could be set to False Color, or a full screen Magic Focus Assist or Histogram.

Other possibilities would be to have one EVF as Monochrome, Letterboxed, or even dedicate one EVF to full-time 1:1 scaling for help in difficult focusing situations. When pulling your own focus, being able to immediately see both image scales during the shot could really help.

The operator simply closes one eye to concentrate on what is important at the time. Even leaving both eyes open might be practical, just shifting focus from left eye to right eye when needed.

Also, other things such as Metadata could be on a full EVF screen while leaving the other to be completely free for just the image.

Anyway, I'd be curious what others think.

Could this be possible with some software changes down the road?

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: