RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED ONE M-X » What is your experience with the RED?
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 What is your experience with the RED?
jon_n85
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: What is your experience with the RED? Reply with quote

I am really interested in buying a RED ONE possibly next year.

I want to get my hands on one but I have yet to have the chance to use one. I actually want to use it to shoot 4 independent films with. It fits the budget nicely so I am researching this camera like crazy to see if it lives up to the hype.

So, I would love to hear your thoughts about the RED such as it's reliability and workflow.

It's amazing how affordable this camera is!

Thanx, this is my first post btw. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for joining the forum, John.

I've had a chance to get a little bit of hands on experience, and I really like what I am seeing. It has come a long way since the initial concept. The workflow is as reveolutionary as the Camera itself, with the REDCODE codec and 4K Quicktime wrappers, you can watch back your footage on a MacBook Pro right away by way of proxies.

There are still things being improved such as dynamic range and the lense mounts. Each Camera that has gone out are going to be replaced with the new updated model which fixes and improves these issues.

But as far as what you get for the price and the form factor, nothing else comes close. I think within 6 months to a year, the Camera and workflow will really start to mature.

I will be posting results of some personal testing done when a friend of mine recieves his Camera in the coming weeks.

Please tell us more about yourself and your plans for productions.

Thanks again for joining the forum,

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: