RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED ONE M-X » EVF update
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 EVF update
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: EVF update Reply with quote

This was posted online recently by Steve Gibby regarding the RED Electronic View Finder (EVF): (I hope he doesn't mind us posting it here as well.) Smile

"Here's some pics of RED #8 in full non-hardlined EFP mode, sporting the RED EVF, RED B4 adaptor, and a Fujinon 16x6.5 HD EFP/ENG zoom.

The overall rig felt nearly identical in weight and balance to the mobile EFP camera systems I've used extensively for most of my career. What has impressed me is how RED One morphs into what you want it to be for each project, whether it be cine-style or EFP style.

With the EVF I seriously liked the SurroundView feature, the HD resolution (1280x868), the concept of user programmable buttons, having the camera data selectable for display above and below the frame, and many other features.

I only tested the EVF out for about a half hour, but it was more than enough to make me very stoked that I ordered one for RED #8. The range of shooting styles and genres I do calls for both the EVF and LCD.

BTW...the 2k RC RAW footage from that setup came out very good. The rig handled just how professional TV/video shooters are used to. I did all focusing manually (using the simple image magnification function of the camera), and nailed all exposure accurately by simply using 100 IRE zebra and protecting for the highlights. I didn't have the connector for the powered zoom rocker switch, that uses RED One's auxiliary 12v bus, but that would have completed the EFP style setup. Mobile EFP production with RED One is a reality folks...

Big thanks to Clark Dunbar of Mammoth HD for taking the pics and supplying them to me."

Gibby
www.cut4.tv (Production/Distribution)
www.mammothhd.com/MHD_RED1.html (Stock footage)

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: