RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Digital Cinema General Discussion » Remote REDucation at next class
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Remote REDucation at next class
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Remote REDucation at next class Reply with quote

Posted online yesterday by RED's Ted Schilowitz:

"Remote REDucation - The next technology experiment.

We have been testing something really interesting to expand the footprint of REDucation. and now I'm ready to let everyone know about it...

For this next REDucation class at RED Studios Hollywood, we are going to have an advanced video-conferencing component. I've asked my friends at TekServe and OffHollywood in NYC to assist in this effort, as we are going to have "remote REDucation" as an experiment in this next class.

For a small cost, we will have a very small group of interested students on the east coast of the USA take the 3 day REDucation class in a space at Tekserve in the heart of NYC, connected to a super advanced HD video conferencing system over a high speed connection (the perfect use for HD technology by the way, HD video rez technology is not perfect for making movies, but for this application... perfect) (I couldn't resist putting that little nugget in Smile

The gang at OffHollywood will have a RED camera system and one of their Ace techs proctor the class in NYC while we are teaching in Hollywood, and when we go out and shoot RED on our Studio lot, they will go out and shoot in the Tekserve building and on the streets of NYC - - cool!

If this experiment works well and is effective we will use this to expand our teaching capabilities to various countries around the world that want to take REDucation, but can't afford the cost and time away from work to travel long distances.

If you are interested in remote REDucation... send me and Brian an email (and if you want to ask Mark from OffHollywood or Matt from Tekserve any questions we can pass on their email contact to you)

I'm: ted@red.com
and Brian is: brian.henderson@red.com

This remote class will be very limited numbers, so if you are interested, email us today, as it will likely fill up today - class starts on Tuesday at 9am Pac time... (so the NYC class gets to sleep in and start late every day Smile

I'm sure Mark will put this on his blog as well and keep people posted on the progress of the experiment there..."

http://offhollywoodny.com/buzz

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: