RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » Shot on RED » RED #6 and #7 (OffHollywood) Test Shoot
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 RED #6 and #7 (OffHollywood) Test Shoot
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: RED #6 and #7 (OffHollywood) Test Shoot Reply with quote

These photos were released online from the owner of Cameras #6 and #7 (OffHollywood) in NY and here is what they had to say about their experience:

As some of you may already know from Mike Curtis' website www.HDforIndies.com - we broke RED ONE #006 and #007 in today, Offhollywood style.

We gathered a small group of volunteers who offered to come and play with the Offhollywood team on a holiday weekend and shoot some 4K out on an small airfield in south New Jersey. No one was paid a cent for their time, and to the 16 people who gave Offhollwood the day - I can not thank you all enough. We did not have "crew positions" other than the DP - Paul McCarthy - we just rocked all day as a team - and several folks getting their hands on our cameras and popping off some 4K -

Stunts we're handled by the best-of-the-best - Manny Siverio - who, as it turns out - just signed on as the stunt coordinator on THE ARGENTINE - so there is more RED is his future! Precision driving was courtesy of DRIVERS EAST (www.driverseast.com) - the very best drivers on the east coast. I'll post everybody's names who helped later.

I could go on and on and on - these cameras are AMAZING.

We've shot 35mm, 16mm and tons of every flavor of HD - and it's game over. RED ONE. Period. TOTALLY "run-and-gun" car stunt/action work - picture was up at 10:00am and we camera wrapped at 5:00pm. We shot 99 gigs of 4K. We were shooting WHITE cars on a nice hot day in the BRIGHT sun.

Red Zoom 18-50mm, Zeiss High Speed Primes, and a Canon 300mm.
4 RED 8 GIG compact flash cards. We watched clips in realtime on set all day as we shot. Not a single camera issue.

And let me tell you ... the footage looks FREEKIN' AWESOME. Our DP looked at the very first clip in a 1K medium quality proxy from Red Alert and cracked a huge smile and said - now ... THAT doesn't look like video.

What a BLAST!!! The first real 4K Red shoot on the East Coast.
I don't think I will forget this day for a long, long time. I sent an SMS to Jarred, Ted and Jim mid-day and said ... "I feel 17 again!!" (I am almost 41)

So, yeah, if you ever have a mid-life crisis - forget the sports car - buy a Red One or TWO. We are all taking a day off to be with our families tomorrow, but we'll get some clips and frame grabs when we can -

But Mike Curtis is hangin' with us for a few days and he'll be bloggin' about the adventure - and www.Zoom-In.com is going to cover our first TWO WEEKS with our Red Cameras with blog entries by yours truly -

JIM GEDULDICK came to set and shot TONS of HVX200 behind the scenes (as did res. holder Clayton "Lordnumberzero" Harper) - and Jim is cutting something special together for REDUSERS worldwide - and I expect to upload that on the 4th -

MUCH more to come ....

When we get images and footage, we'll be sure to update the thread.

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pics from #6 and #7 shoots:

http://mdtphoto.blogspot.com/

http://picasaweb.google.com/aftongrant/RED

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: RED Cameras #6 and #7 shooting Stunt Cars Reply with quote

Here's a link to more photos taken by Mike Curtis of HDforIndies. These are Cameras #6 and #7 (OffHollywood's Cameras) in action in NY. We'll post pictures and links to the footage in the Demo Reel section.

http://gallery.mac.com/mikedcurtis#100164

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: You Tube clip online of behind the scenes! Reply with quote

OffHollywood uploaded this behind the scenes look at their first RED Test Shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OKU5Ni70w

IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: