RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » Shot on RED » FX Networks - "Justified" Shot on EPIC
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 FX Networks - "Justified" Shot on EPIC
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: FX Networks - "Justified" Shot on EPIC Reply with quote

JUSTIFIED shot on EPIC – Today, 05:15 PM
We are very proud to announce that " Justified " is shooting on Epics this season, by D.P Francis Kenny, ASC.

From Francis:

"It's a joy coming to work each day. I am now on my third season of the television show Justified as the Director of Photography. FX.

Justified won a Peabody Award and four Emmy nominations (winner supporting actress) for season two. We persuaded Sony Entertainment that by shooting with Epic Cameras production would be increased ten fold and it would look spectacular. Episode one of season three is now complete and our dreams have come true. The show looks better than ever and the producers are now true believers of the Red System. This was all due to the wisdom of a very brilliant man, who during the darkest days when it seemed impossible to convince the executives to see the light, quietly helped me find the words to persuade Sony to go Epic. Producers on the show are now saying, "I would never consider shooting with anything else except Epic. It is truly a miracle!" Thank you Michael Cioni, Jarred Land, Ted Schilowitz, Don Kurt (show runner), Michael Dinner (executive producer and director), Graham Yost (writer/executive producer of Justified who also wrote Band of Brothers and The Pacific), Kelly and Brent Carter, and especially Travis Sims who defined the term support. Robert Keslow is providing our gear.

The same cameras were recently used on a pilot for BET I shot this summer in New York. We averaged 180 takes per day because of our ability to move these tiny cameras around quickly. All four cameras performed without a single problem.

The key words that made the difference was the term "Selling Future Forward". 4K televisions will arrive within a year. Why would anyone want to shoot with a camera with less resolution?

I thank you Red Team. I especially thank a very brilliant man who helped me find the words. A quiet humble man who I have the highest respect."

- Francis Kenny, ASC

Chairman of the American Society of Cinematographers Membership Committee (for the past ten years)
Current Board Member of the American Society of Cinematographers
AMPAS (Member Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Science)
Single father to a ten year old little girl
Admirer of people who are smarter than I will ever be

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: