RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » Shot on RED » Hollywood Reporter Emmy Round Table - Shot on EPIC
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Hollywood Reporter Emmy Round Table - Shot on EPIC
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Hollywood Reporter Emmy Round Table - Shot on EPIC Reply with quote

The Hollywood Reporter Emmy Roundtable: Drama Actresses Uses EPIC Camera

Posted online recently by Michael Chase Gordon:

"Hello everyone, I'm new to the world of Epic, but have been following and watching great footage on these message boards for a while. Although I do not own a RED ONE or EPIC, I have had the great opportunity to work with Ted Schilowitz on our THR Emmy Roundtable Series. I Field Produce and DP/Camera for our website at The Hollywood Reporter. Ted was kind enough to help us out as a cameraman on some shoots. Ted is a really good camera operator, not to mention a great guy to hang out with. He was extremely generous with his time and his EPIC camera, which has added a lot of production value to our web series.

As for the roundtable shoots, they will be appearing the following few weeks on our site and I will make sure I link the ones Ted was a part of for you to enjoy. On the shoots, we had a few Canon 5d's on the side angles and an HVX 200 for a safety wide shot. The table discussion lasts about an hour straight and we are asked to be like flies on the wall. Ted was in the middle and did most of the tight shots and other coverage as well. I don't think these videos do it justice since I had to mix in other cameras and its only 1080 in the final output, but I plan on making an edit for everyone to see with Epic footage only, which will be a mixture of all the shoots. Ted also shot behind the scenes of the photo shoots which are great and we will post up soon.

I don't think RED gets enough credit for how much they give back and they are always trying to help grow and educate their community. They have been nothing but friendly and extremely helpful to me, even though I'm not a big time director, producer or executive.

I think their vision, hard work ethic and values goes from the top-down and I'd personally like to thank Jim, the RED Team Members and especially Ted for creating such great products and the best camera in the world.

You can watch the individual ones and the full hour discussion will be up soon.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/thrnetwork#p/u/3/oi7VQKaZ1fc

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: