RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Digital Cinema General Discussion » New Soderbergh quote
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 New Soderbergh quote
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: New Soderbergh quote Reply with quote

Steven Soderbergh's comments after finishing "Guerrilla", shot in Spain:

"If the technical branch of the AMPAS, sometime in the next five years, doesn’t present RED with something heavier than a piece of paper, then they’re fools, and inattentive to boot."

"Shooting with RED is like hearing The Beatles for the first time. RED sees the way I see. Someday I hope to find out exactly how Jim and his team made something so technologically advanced seem so organic, so beautifully attuned to that most natural of phenomena, light. But for now I’m just glad I’ve got my hands on the damn thing, because it’s actually making the film(s) better because of it emotionality. At the same time, I am still figuring it out, still trying to discover its secrets, still interacting with it. For me, this is Year Zero; I feel I should call up Film on the phone and say, “I’ve met someone.” Is it perfect? Not yet. But the flaws are fixable (the heat issue, which is being worked on; buttons that should be recessed; power cable from the rear of the camera), and anybody who doesn’t embrace the flashcard--regardless of time restraints--is an idiot."

"But the best news of all is: If my lame hyperbole could adequately describe the image, it wouldn’t be RED.
"

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: