RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED ONE M-X » Red to be used on upcoming Soderbergh Films... (SS quote)
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Red to be used on upcoming Soderbergh Films... (SS quote)
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Red to be used on upcoming Soderbergh Films... (SS quote) Reply with quote

This news just released by RED:

"RED will be used more on the "Wanted" set as we come out of engineering hold. New cameras leave for Prague tomorrow.

Steven Soderbergh has given permission for me to say that he will shoot "The Argentine" and "Guerrilla" on RED. That's assuming we can get him cameras on time! Smile

There will be a couple of other announcements as soon as we get permission from the studios."

Jim

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits

Last edited by RedCam Central on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is the camera I've been waiting for my whole career: jaw-dropping imagery recorded onboard a camera light enough to hold with one hand. I don't know how Jim and the RED team did it--and they won't tell me--but I know this: RED is going to change everything."

- Steven Soderbergh

Soderbergh is to shoot "The Argentine" and "Guerrilla", starring Benicio del Toro, exclusively with RED cameras at full 4K resolution, REDCODE RAW and record to Compact Flash.

The prototypes are two generations newer than Boris and Natasha, the cameras Peter Jackson used to shoot "Crossing the Line" in New Zealand a couple of months ago.

The RED 18-55mm T3 f2.8 CF lens and many RED accessories were also chosen by Soderbergh for these movies. Shooting begins in Spain July 24th.

IMDB Credits

Last edited by RedCam Central on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to RED:

"Steven has shot test footage in tough lighting conditions as well as lit charts. He ran the footage through his "machine", then projected 2K Apple Pro-res and 4K, as well as a filmout to a 55' screen. He was pretty happy it seems."

-Jim

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As production is underway, more information is becoming available about the movie. Here is a poster that has recently surfaced on the web (although the Premiere Date is wrong - anyone who gets a copy of this, might have a collectors item. ) Smile

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: