|Justin R GoffPrivate
Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Location: Wilmington, NC
|Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 am Post subject: UPDATE: Epic TopPlate "Apollo"
UPDATE: EPIC TopPlate “Apollo” (http://www.innocinema.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_29&products_id=161) now with more information listed on Innocinema.com
If used standalone, you would just distribute the 3 cords accordingly…
- D-TAP with any industry standard battery
- HD-SDI BNC connecting into HDSDI port on the EPIC
- 4 pin LEMO connecting in the SYNC port on the EPIC
When used with our EPIC Power Distributor, all the cords will be neatly tucked away.
Here is some more information on what functionality is brought to our EPIC TopPlate utilizing the 4 pin LEMO in the EPIC's sync port… "A 4-pin LEMO connector supports shutter synchronization input, GPI, timecode and genlock signals. The shutter Sync Input signal acts as an immediate response hardware trigger to commence a scan. This is useful for motion control and other applications where the camera is driven by a master timing device. When using SYNC as the camera shutter timing reference, fine shutter start time timing (SHUTTER PHASE) is disabled, make any timing adjustments at the external SYNC generator itself. Alternatively, this input pin may be used as a GPI (General Purpose Input) trigger, whose function is programmed in the USER KEYS menu. Default is Record Start / Stop. A SMPTE timecode input signal provides a frame accurate time stamp for each frame of recorded video. A Video Genlock input signal may be used as a vertical interval reference signal for applications that require precise synchronization between cameras, such as 3D and live broadcasts. When using GENLOCK as the camera shutter timing reference, fine shutter start time timing (SHUTTER PHASE) may be adjusted." From RED EPIC Operation Guide.
Epic “TopPlate Apollo”
P-Tap Power Adaptor
Right Side View
- Power sockets the EPIC lacks (requires power source like V-mount battery)
- Open standard power connector (2pin female LEMO) to connect to various power sources
- Offers 2x 2pin LEMO (12V), 1x 4pin LEMO (REDone standard 12V and 1x 3pin Fischer (Arri standard 12V) accessorie connections
- Provides BNC connector pass-though for HD-SDI(the current EPIC BNC is located in a difficult to get to spot - the "apollo" links it to the top of the camera for easy access)
- SS/GPI; TC; GENLOCK BNC's (rather than the small 4 pin connector the EPIC uses)
- Can work standalone or with the upcoming Power Distributor "electra"
- Designed to work properly with shoulder mounts. Reroutes all cords away from your face.
- Provides various 1/4" and 3/8" treads
- Back-focus adjustment, handle mounting, focus hook etc all still compatible
Scroll to the bottom of the page to select which type Epic (M or X) you are purchasing for:
All information for the TopPlate is updated on http://www.innocinema.com. Check it out!
North and South American Markets
Office#: 1(910) 300-9431