RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Digital Cinema General Discussion » RED News
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 RED News
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: RED News Reply with quote

Posted online by Jim Jannard of RED:

"It is quiet now. It will be quiet for a bit.

We are shipping EPIC-Xs now on a fairly good clip and that will accelerate as we move along.

REDCINE-X Professional has released and there will be regular updates. Lots of cool stuff coming. Free as usual.

We are letting everyone else get their announcements out. Letting the dust settle.

Then expect an explosion. A really big one.

I have to chuckle with some of the releases coming out now. You thought we were a "hype machine"?

If you bought a RED ONE in 2006 (for $17,500), you got many free firmware upgrades and then a paid sensor upgrade (MX for under $6K). So you were in a 4K camera (same one that shot The Social Network) for $23,500. If you had a Sony 950 in 2006 and tried to stay current, you would have bought an F23, an F35 and soon an F65. Total well over $500K with recorders. Or you could have bought an Arri D20, then a D21 and then an Alexa for the same amount. And you wouldn't have a "future proof" camera until you took delivery of the F65.... a few months from now. Did I mention upgrade program to EPIC?

Sony's newest claim is that they "Aim to achieve the absolute #1 position with CMOS sensors". Good luck with that. I guess we should be flattered because it implies that they are not there now... and maybe we are just sitting on our hands. Sounds like a challenge. We accept.

While I have committed to not announce anything until it is ready, please expect us to have your back and be ahead of the pack."

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: