|RedCam CentralSite Admin
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
|Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:19 am Post subject: RACK FOCUS - EPIC / Scarlet
Posted online recently by RED's Jarred Land:
"This is pretty cool stuff.
1. Turn on RACK FOCUS.
2. Touch the two points you want to rack between.
3. Press any assignable user button to rack between both points.
EPIC-M with Canon Mount + Canon 2.8 L series II 70-200mm.
Btw this video was shot with Scarlet
There will be 3 ways to control speed... 1st is either a settable duration in the menus. 2nd via the pressure sensitive rocker button on the side handle. And last but definitely not least, via swipe speed on the touchscreen.
You touch the screen again to refocus..... or manual override on the lens.
- Machined Canon mounts ($2000) should start coming in end of June.. Cast ones ($500) a few months after that.
- 300fps is out already
- Playback is coming... don't worry.
- Quick Time proxies need the Quictime Codec for Epic (not done yet) and then will be generated via RC-X."
http://red.cachefly.net/rackfocusx.mov (Right-Click to Save As)
RedCam Central Founder
EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available