RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Digital Cinema General Discussion » Jim Jannard on RED's Future
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 Jim Jannard on RED's Future
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Jim Jannard on RED's Future Reply with quote

RED's Jim Jannard recently had this to say regarding the future of their Camera program:

"In the beginning, some said that RED was a scam. Now some say that RED is a one trick wonder. I have said that "the 1st is the worst".

So which is it? Is RED likely to last?

I guess this post is to say that we have more in development than we know what to do with. Our sensor program (the heart of a camera company) is way beyond my wildest expectations. We have stuff in the works that would scare you. I am shocked. Every day I wake up, the realities of what we dreamed are becoming a reality... and more. It is pretty surreal. EPIC (a nuclear reactor in a matchbox) is just the beginning. Hard to believe... but true.

Obsolescence obsolete. All the things we are doing forward work with what we are doing now. That was the concept. That is real today.

I thought I saw the future in 2005 when the decision to build the RED ONE was conceived. I also thought that was a big plan. While I guess it was... I see a much more advanced future now. Stay tuned. We have just warmed up the engine."

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
sitaramphuyal
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: sitaram phuyal Reply with quote

Hey i like your post very much and i also agree with you.
David Ives
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That is some language. I love the visual I get of a nuclear reactor in a matchbox. I'm pretty excited to see what using EPIC is like.

David Ives
CLAi
www.clai.tv
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: