RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED EPIC (EPIC-M, EPIC-X) » EPIC #00087 Ships
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 EPIC #00087 Ships
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: EPIC #00087 Ships Reply with quote

Dean (Dino) Georgopoulos picked up his EPIC-M Camera (#00087) to be the latest RED EPIC owner. Congrats Dino!

Owner of RED ONE #31, Dino's Camera has been one of the most widely used RED Cameras. Here is some info from the RED31.com website:

"We took delivery of our (RED ONE) camera on September 7, 2007. Since then we have shot hundreds of commercials, music videos, promos, television shows and feature films. We are among the most experienced users of the Red Camera system and can provide you with unparalleled service and support, On-Set & in your edit bay. On January 24, 2010 our RED One was upgraded to an M-X Red One with the new Mysterium X sensor. We also took delivery of a RED Rocket, which is a PCI Card dedicated to transcoding Red Media at real time speeds..."

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update from Dino:

"So, as soon as i received the camera i travel about a mile up the street to my good friends, light iron digital...

i shot a very down and dirty 5k 2.40:1 test of 120fps...i am not a very good juggler, particularly of starbust candies ( they are so small)..

i barely graded this and there was just the lights that are in the facility...

http://hd5k.com/A002_C004_0211FH_S001.mov

shot with old red 18/50 at t3...120fps, shutter at 1/120 hand held by pete cioni, the business side of the Cioni brothers."

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also:

"here is a very quick down and very dirty iPhone4 (verizon) video of EPIC#00087 powering up, shooting 24 fps rc 3:1 at 180 degree shutter, at 5k 2.40:1 , then switching to 120 fps rc 12:1 180 degree shutter, shooting, then back to 24 fps rc 3:1 180 degree shutter, shooting and then powering off...all within the time it typically takes to powerup my red#0031...well maybe the video is about 40 seconds longer than powering up r1...but i actually could have done this whole thing in about 25 seconds...if i didnt have to explain everything and also have to change shutter angles.

enjoy."

http://hd5k.com/IMG_1462.mov

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from Dino:

"EPIC is a Dream to Configure!

EPIC is the definition of flexible. I have had my EPIC for 4 days and I have had a few of them on other shoots in the past 5 months...i can tell you from personal experience, if you own any gripology or camera support gear, you can put this camera anywhere and place anything you want on it...

here are some shots of my EPIC #00087 with the top mount from element technica and the bottom plate also from ET for a perfect interface with standard (arri) baseplates.

there are also shots of a hand held rig i built in november with the help of an 1st AC in France named Benoit Pain. notice that there is an 18 MP on the EPIC, that is one of the heaviest prime lenses made...and the rig was balanced...

cinema verite as never before."

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPIC #00087 & CAMTEC 5K FF LENS CHART (posted online by Dino):

"So we did the best we could with what we had available, we focused on what we thought would give us problems...

everything was done with the camera set to 5k FF. most of these cover in 5k 2.40:1 (when i have more time i will go back and go through again and confirm the 2.40:1) and the 5K 2:1 covers slightly more than the FF, i.e has less problems than the FF. (again I'll do this again soon to follow up with the 5k 2:1 and 2.40:1)

ALL the master primes cover 14-150 - BTW 12 MP is not really out yet, we called several houses and they don't have them. (that is for another day)

here is the chart....it looks better if you follow the link as it came out pretty small here..."

http://hd5k.com/EPIC_lens_chart.pdf

IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted online recently by Dino Georgopoulos

EPIC #00087 & Crash Shoot Promos for Lopez Tonight on TBS:

"Today was the first real job for Epic #00087. Things went great, we shot all day at Ben Kitay Studios right up the street from RSH and got some great shots regular speed and some high speed work."

Dir:Bret Havey
Exec prod. Dirk Detweiler
DP: crash
Gaffer: brian Mundell
Key Grip: matt Blum
1st AC : joe pro
DIT: dino georgopoulos
Camera: EPIC #00087

Here are some pics:

IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: