RedCam Central Forum IndexRedCam Central Forum IndexRED EPIC Rentals
FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RedCam Central Forum Index » RED Digital Cinema General Discussion » EPIC is alive
View previous topic
View next topic

Reply to topic
 EPIC is alive
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: EPIC is alive Reply with quote

Jim Jannard:

"EPIC is alive and shooting incredible images... actually, the best we have ever seen.

More resolution, more dynamic range, better color than anything we have ever done. We wish you all could see what we are seeing.

The body is incredibly small for what it is capable of. My hats off to the engineers.

I have to say that when I held EPIC, fired it up and saw the images... I died and went to heaven."

Jarred Land:

"Speaking of cables... I dont think we have shown you this one yet.. it converts the DSMC power lemo to the legacy RED ONE lemo so you can still use all your RED ONE power options.. and those big RED BRICKS power EPIC for a very, very long time.

Depends what your doing of course, but a single REDVOLT battery will last anywhere between 40-60minutes (in motion mode). a RED BRICK will last about 3 hours.

The Monitor is a random 1080p HDMI monitor by HP.... The output of EPIC is 1080p (even during record ) so it looks pretty incredible.

Brain only... 5lbs on the nose.

I really can't wait till you guys get to pick it up and shoot 5k at 100fps like we just did.. it's incredible.

Boot up time is at 12 seconds right now.. from completely off to monitor up and being able to Record.

There is a PC/X SYNC port integrated into the side handle which can talk to the majority of Pocketwizards, Profoto, Hensel, Elinchrom, AB, etc. modules and we are mid-development with various wireless triggering options.

The CF Card Module now has an eject mechanism with a push button. There is also another surprise With the side cf module you will see in a couple days Smile

Some of you I know are going to appreciate this... Clean 1080p HDMI/HD-SDI output feeds while the menus are still on the LCD/EVF ).

1 slot on the side CF module, on the rear CF module 2 slots.

Here is a good size reference. (Compared to the iPad)"

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
RedCam Central
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official RED EPIC Media Kit...

As a Guest, you are currently unable to view/download the file attachments in this post.
Please Register or Log In to access attachments.

EPIC-M #5XX & #6XX - Rentals Now Available
IMDB Credits
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: